Services and Programs
Emilia and Madeleine have 30+ years' combined experience working with children and young people in a wide variety of welfare and education settings.
Their lived experience, deep care and dedication to supporting the health and wellbeing of young people allows them to offer true support in a counselling setting.
Counselling is offered from their clinic in Melbourne's North-East.
EM-POWER Youth Services offers mentoring to children and young people. This is a flexible service depending on the needs of each client, and can involve short-term or long-term support.
In consultation with parents or carers (if the client is under 18), and the child or young person themselves, a mentoring program is developed.
As qualified teachers, Madeleine and Emilia offer tutoring to children and young people up to year 10 (or equivalent) in the following ways:
* Understanding of topics and completion of tasks
* Time-management skills
* Attitude towards learning, study and school
In consultation with parents or carers, and the child or young person themselves, a tutoring program is developed.
Workshops and Presentations
EM-POWER Youth Services offers workshops and presentations to parents and educators on a variety of topics, including:
* Raising teenagers
* Building healthy relationships
* Social media and body image
* Social-emotional development
* Behaviour management
Workshops and presentations can be tailor-made to the needs of your organisation or education setting.
In-School Support Programs
EM-POWER Youth Services have partnered with a global organisation to develop and deliver programs to support with the health and wellbeing of school-aged children and young people Australia-wide. Program topics include:
* Body image, body awareness and self-care
* Expression and connection
* Social media
* Student-initiated projects
EM-POWER Youth Services works with schools and councils to offer support groups to school-aged children and young people. Support groups are a great way to build relationships, develop self-confidence and self-worth, and have fun outside of school. We offer:
* LGBTIQA+ support groups
* Girls' groups
* Boys' groups
* Social support and connect groups for both primary and secondary-aged students
Program Writing and Facilitation
EM-POWER Youth Services collaborates with other professionals in the field to write programs that can be tailored to your school or organisation's needs. These programs can:
* Be delivered on a weekly basis, or in half or full-day blocks.
* Link with Australian Curriculum
* Cover a variety of health and well-being topics, depending on need.
EM-POWER Youth Services combines their love of working with children and young people and photography skills to offer:
* In-school photography eg. sports days, fetes
* Family and individual
* Short video clips for school websites, family memories etc
EM-POWER Youth Services works with families, individual family members and carers. We offer consultancy around a number of areas including:
*Social & emotional support
*Routines & rhythms
*Boundaries & responsibilities
*Bringing fun, play & enjoyment into the home and life.